INDIGO COVID POLICY UPDATE
Below are our new procedures and protocols as they relate to COVID and to abide by our new industry guidelines. Safety of our clients and staff is of the utmost importance. We have always abided by the sanitation requirements for our industry while going beyond those with frequent professional cleanings.
**Everyone must wear a mask at all times in the office. We will have a mask ready for you at the door if you don’t have one. The masks must be worn in the public spaces and in the treatment rooms. The only exception is if for breathing comfort you need to take it off during the face down portion of the massage. You can hook it along the side of the face cradle and put it on for face up and side lying massage and any other time. We ask you to keep talking to a minimum to reduce the amount of saliva droplets.
All staff are wearing masks during their entire shift.
**Everyone must call to check in upon arrival and we will respond and meet you at the door to take your temperature. The doors are kept locked at this time. Let us know if you want to pop in for retail or a gift card purchase.
**Frequently asked question: We will NOT be wearing gloves to give massages unless there is any open skin on our hands
We ask that you refrain from traveling at this time and refrain from group activities outside of your family units. Depending upon the circumstances, we may ask that you wait two weeks after you return to book an appointment. We are also expecting the same of our staff.
If you work in a HOSPITAL SETTING and if you are working with COVID positive patients, we ask that you don’t come in for massage at this time. We are so grateful for the work you are doing, but we have to restrict who we are seeing at this time in order to serve more people.
The day before your appointment, we will email you the link to our online intake form
(to update information or for new clients) and the COVID questionnaire and release form.
The COVID form must be completed within 24hrs so that the information is current and as accurate as possible. The form only needs to be completed once. If you do not complete before your visit, we do have iPad forms available. However, we strongly encourage clients to complete the forms necessary prior to their appointment time so that it doesn’t take away any of the massage time. Same day appointments will be difficult at this time since we are limited to 75% capacity and are staggering appointments.
We are staggering appointment start times and limiting the number of therapists in the office at the same time. Staff is required to keep a 6ft distance in all of the public spaces and we ask the same of clients as well.
We will not be offering our Pure-Focus facial massages and Couples Massages are limited to our Benton Park location where we can open up two couples rooms next to each other to separate our staff. We have an esthetician at Maplewood offering esthetics facials for facial interests.
We are not charging late cancel fees for COVID symptoms as long as you call and let us know. Please give as much notice as possible, but we understand if that isn’t possible. Do still call us. If you no show and don’t call at all, we will charge the $35 late cancel fee as respect for the therapist’s professional time. We have limited availability so we do reserve your appointment time especially for you. With enough notice, we can often fill that appointment time with someone who can make it.
We are reopening July 1st with a limited schedule, focused on rescheduling clients that were canceled when we were closed and our regular clients. We have a waitlist going as well. Not every therapist will be back July 1st and those that are, are back part-time through July. Wellness Program Autopays are still in suspension through Aug 31, to restart Sep 1st.
Please be patient as we navigate this reopening process.
When you arrive for your appointment do not just walk in.
Call or Text the office when you arrive saying you are here. If texting you must state your name and which office your appointment is at. Reception will answer your call or text and let you know when to meet them at the front door ( at Benton Park, let us know if you require the side door accessible entrance, otherwise that door will be locked )
They may say one moment I will call/text you back which means they are with another client at the moment and will let you know as soon as they are ready to meet you at the door.
Reception will open the door and immediately take your temperature with a no touch forehead thermometer. If you are returning and already have the COVID questionnaire and release form completed, reception will go over the most pertinent questions at each and every visit.
Immediately visit our hand sanitation station just inside the entrance with tissues, a hand sanitizer pump, and trash can.
Reception can also give you the iPad forms if needed and ipads are sanitized after each use.
Reception can let you know if the bathroom is available for use.
Please wait in the waiting area. Your therapist will come to greet you
After your massage
We are encouraging the clients to open the treatment door a bit so your therapist will know you are ready for the therapists to come in to do a checkin after your massage, asking how you feel and giving self-care recommendations. They can also let you know if the bathroom is available. A full water cup will be waiting for you on top of the water cooler to take with you.
We are encouraging you to give us the credit card that you want to use for payment when you make your appointment. Reception will ask if you would like to add gratuity and then checkout will be complete. We are encouraging non-cash payments at this time. We do have an instant pay account with PayPal if you want to pay that way and reception will check it came through and then checkout will be done. Let us know if you need a receipt and we will email it to you.
For cash tips we have small envelopes in the treatment rooms that you can place your cash in that for the therapist to receive it after. Reception will not be handling cash at this time so please bring exact cash if you would like to leave a tip. Tips are appreciated, but not expected.
**What we are doing**
Treatment Room Additional Sanitation
1) In addition to thoroughly disinfecting the treatment rooms after each appointment, reception will be sanitizing the frequently touched surfaces several times a day. We are continuing our frequent professional cleanings of each office. Our entire staff was trained in the appropriate disinfecting protocols over a zoom meeting with our professional cleaning crew.
2) We have added “Medify Air” HEPA 13 Medical Grade Air Purifiers for each treatment rooms appropriately sized to clean the air in the room every 15min. HEPA 13 purifiers capture 99.9% of particles down to 0.1 microns. We feel having a higher standard of purification than the standard HEPA purifiers is important. Check this link for more information about the differences between True HEPA and the HEPA 13
We have also added UV air purifiers for the waiting rooms as well
3) We are disinfecting the rooms between every appointment with an EPA standard one step sanitizer/deodorizer QT64. This particular product has only a 1 minute dwell time to kill human coronavirus and 2 minutes for Influenza Type A. We have 30min between appointments to take care of sanitizing and preparing the room for the next client.
4) We have installed plexiglass at the reception desk @ Benton Park and placed reception desk further back inside the reception room at Maplewood to further encourage distancing.
5) We changed all client chairs in treatment rooms and waiting rooms to wipeable plastic chairs distanced from each other and all trash cans to touch-less options
6) We will be using washable one-use massage cream tubes, one-use aprons, and one-use pillowcases draped underneath the face cradles. The same linen service will be used for our linens and we will launder our towels, face cradle covers, blankets, aprons, pillowcases, and washable masks in house. We will sanitize the cream tubes after each appointment.
7) Our washable masks are equipped with PM2.5 filters (5 layer filters) that have up to 60hrs wear time, although we will be using them for 50hrs before replacing. The filters are kept by each therapist in paper bags between shifts. The outside washable masks are washed after each shift and staff use a fresh mask at each shift keeping track of their filter wearable hours accordingly.
8) Staff is required to wash their hands immediately upon arrival and then take their temperature. They are also required to sanitize their hands before and after breaks and before and after visiting their lockers for any reason. They are then to go directly to our check in area to find their sanitation equipment to prepare to give massages.