New Announcements 11/17/20
*We ask that you celebrate Thanksgiving safely this year. Due to the recent mandates, if you are visiting with family/friends outside of your household, traveling for Thanksgiving, and/or gathering in a group of 10+, we ask that you wait to schedule a massage for two weeks after Thanksgiving. We appreciate your cooperation!
*In order to keep our staff distanced at this time, we are not offering Couples massage at the Maplewood location. We are offering them in our extra large Couples room at Benton Park with limited availability.
11/11/20 COVID Policies
Below are our new procedures and protocols as they relate to COVID and to abide by our new industry guidelines. Safety of our clients and staff is of the utmost importance. We have always abided by the sanitation requirements for our industry while going beyond those with frequent professional cleanings. We will be updating this document as needed and it will be added to our website blog page so that our most up to date information is available.
**Most Important! Please read through this entire document**
**Everyone must WEAR A MASK at all times in the office. We will have a mask ready for you at the door if you don’t have one. The masks must be worn over both the mouth and the nose in the public spaces and in the treatment rooms. We recommend that you simply unhook it from your ears during the face down portion so that it still covers your nose and mouth, but is more comfortable for face down. We ask you to keep talking to a minimum during the massage to reduce the amount of saliva droplets. We can go back to using pillowcases and allowing the masks off in face down again once our COVID numbers start to go down. Because massage is in a closed room at close proximity for an extended period of time, we have to take further precautions than other industries. The only mask wearing exception is when receiving facial services. The esthetician will wear a face mask and a face guard during facials. All staff are wearing masks during their entire shift at Indigo. It is required.
**Everyone must CALL to check in upon arrival and we will respond and meet you at the door to take your temperature. The doors are kept locked at this time. Let us know if you want to pop in for retail or a gift card purchase. We do have reception available every day.
**Frequently asked questions:
We will NOT be wearing gloves to give massages unless there is any open skin on our hands
We ask that you refrain from TRAVELING at this time and refrain from group activities outside of your family unit. Depending upon the circumstances, we may ask that you wait after you return to book an appointment. We are also expecting the same of our staff. We need you to inform us of any travel. If you fly/train/bus, we ask that you wait at least 12 days from your return day before coming in. The CDC recommends mask wearing AND distancing which is almost impossible on a plane. Also we often travel to then take part in group activities, celebrations, gatherings at our destination, where it is often difficult to distance.
If you work in a HOSPITAL SETTING and if you are currently working with COVID positive patients, we ask that you don’t come in for massage at this time. We are so grateful for the work you are doing, but we have to have these restrictions in order to serve others. If you haven’t been exposed to a COVID positive patient in two weeks, you can come in.
Two days before your appointment, we will email you the link to our online intake form
(to update information or for new clients) and the COVID questionnaire and release form. Please completed the form within 24hrs of your appointment so that the information is current and as accurate as possible. The Intake/COVID form only needs to be completed once. If you do not complete it before your visit, we do have iPad forms available. However, we strongly encourage clients to complete the forms necessary prior to their appointment time so that it doesn’t take away any of the massage time. Same day appointments will be difficult at this time since we are limiting our capacity. For subsequent visits, we expect you to notify us of any changes COVID related.
We are limiting the number of therapists in the office at the same time. Staff is asked to keep a distance in all of the public spaces and we ask the same of clients as well. We have two waiting chairs that are 6ft apart in the waiting area and another waiting chair closer to our side door. We are limiting the number of clients in the waiting areas and retail area at this time.
We will not be offering our Pure-Focus facial massages at this time. We do have an esthetician at Maplewood offering esthetics facials for facial interests. We will soon have an esthetician at our Benton Park location as well.
We are not charging late cancel fees for COVID symptoms as long as you call and let us know. Please give as much notice as possible, but we understand if that isn’t possible. Do still call us. If you no show and don’t call at all, we will charge the $35 late cancel fee as respect for the therapist’s professional time. We have limited availability so we do reserve your appointment time especially for you. With enough notice, we can often fill that appointment time with someone who can make it.
When you arrive for your appointment do not just walk in.
Call the office when you arrive saying you are here. Reception will answer your call and let you know when to meet them at the front door ( at Benton Park, let us know if you require the side door accessible entrance, otherwise that door will be locked )
They may say one moment and will call you back which means they are with another client at the moment and will let you know as soon as they are ready to meet you at the door.
Reception will open the door and immediately take your temperature with a no-touch forehead thermometer. If you are returning and already have the COVID questionnaire and release form completed, reception will go over the most pertinent questions at each and every visit. Please keep us informed of any changes COVID related like recent travel, COVID exposure, group activities, etc
Immediately visit our hand sanitation station just inside the entrance with tissues, a hand sanitizer pump, and trash can.
Reception can also give you the iPad forms if needed and iPads are sanitized after each use. Reception can let you know if the bathroom is available for use.
Please wait in the waiting area and feel free to browse our retail selection.
Your therapist will come to greet you when they are ready.
After your massage
We are encouraging the clients to open the treatment door a bit so your therapist will know you are ready for the therapists to come in to do a checkin after your massage, asking how you feel and giving self-care recommendations. They can also let you know if the bathroom is available. You can help yourself to water at the water cooler to take with you if you would like.
We are encouraging you to give us the credit card that you want to use for payment when you make your appointment. Reception will ask if you would like to add gratuity and then checkout will be complete. Let us know if you need a receipt and we can email it to you.
We are also accepting cash tips. Tips are always appreciated, but never expected.
**What we are doing**
Treatment Room Additional Sanitation
1) In addition to thoroughly disinfecting the treatment rooms after each appointment, reception will be sanitizing the frequently touched surfaces several times a day. We are continuing our frequent professional cleanings of each office. Our entire staff was trained in the appropriate disinfecting protocols over a zoom meeting with our professional cleaning crew.
2) We have added “Medify Air” HEPA 13 Medical Grade Air Purifiers for each treatment rooms appropriately sized to clean the air in the room every 15min. HEPA 13 purifiers capture 99.9% of particles down to 0.1 microns. We feel having a higher standard of purification than the standard HEPA purifiers is important. Check this link for more information about the differences between True HEPA and the HEPA 13
We have also added UV air purifiers for the waiting rooms as well
3) We are disinfecting the rooms between every appointment with an EPA standard one step sanitizer/deodorizer QT64. This particular product has only a 1 minute dwell time to kill human coronavirus and 2 minutes for Influenza Type A. We have 30min between appointments to take care of sanitizing and preparing the room for the next client.
4) We have installed plexiglass at the reception desk @ Benton Park and placed reception desk further back inside the reception room at Maplewood to further encourage distancing.
5) We changed all client chairs in treatment rooms and waiting rooms to wipeable plastic chairs distanced from each other and all trash cans to touch-less options
6) We will be using washable one-use massage cream tubes, one-use aprons, and one-use pillowcases draped underneath the face cradles. The same linen service will be used for our linens and we will launder our towels, face cradle covers, blankets, aprons, pillowcases, and washable masks in house. We will sanitize the cream tubes after each appointment.
7) Our washable masks are equipped with PM2.5 filters (5 layer filters) that have up to 60hrs wear time, although we will be using them for 50hrs before replacing. The filters are kept by each therapist in paper bags between shifts. The outside washable masks are washed after each shift and staff use a fresh mask at each shift keeping track of their filter wearable hours accordingly.
8) Staff is required to wash their hands immediately upon arrival and then take their temperature. Then they go directly to our check in area to find their sanitation equipment to prepare to give massages.
They are also required to sanitize their hands before and after breaks and before and after visiting their lockers for any reason.